London Olympics 2012
Get set for the games – and avoid delays to your business.
During the games, disruption is expected to normal operations - and is not restricted to the London area alone. Your deliveries may be affected by restrictions, so estimated times of arrival may be subject to change.
Postcode job planner
Our logistics partner, Norbert Dentressangle, has developed a postcode job planner, so you can see where disruptions are expected. Click here to download and use the postcode checking tool
Red days – No delivery possible.
Amber/yellow days - significant impact expected but deliveries.
- Specific timed deliveries not possible.
- No collections will be attempted on Yellow/Amber days.
Grey days – normal operations possible, impact as yet unknown
- Collections may be attempted on Grey days.
- Site contact name and number must be given
For all days during this period, any re-delivery attempts made will be chargeable.
The Olympic Route Network
The Olympic Route Network is a network of roads linking all competition venues and other key sites, such as Heathrow Airport. The Paralympic Route Network (PRN) is similar, but will operate on a smaller scale during the Paralympic Games. Normal traffic can use most of the ORN and PRN, although there will be temporary changes such as:
- Suspended turns
- Stopping and loading restrictions
- Traffic signal timing alterations
- Games lanes reserved for accredited Games vehicles and on-call emergency vehicles.
Games Lanes will be in place on around one-third of the network and will be:
- Clearly signed
- Operational for specific times each day - most lanes will operate between 06:00-00.00 but this may vary. Check the times of operation on the roadside signs
- Often located on the off-side of multi-lane roads to minimise disruption. In these cases, normal traffic will be able to use the adjacent lane(s) as usual
- Open to all traffic when they are less busy. A network of 150 electronic signs along the network will advise motorists when the lanes can be used.
For live updates follow @gaotg