1. Introduction & General Terms
Daikin UK is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our website, apps, or take part in our promotions or contact us with enquiries.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
- The AClub Loyalty Program app.
The Daikin Data Protection Policy also applies for TheAClub app from Daikin UK.
2. What information will TheAClub collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of TheAClub services, activities or online content, we may receive personal information about you. This may include your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your purchases of Daikin UK products and services, such as what you read, watched or did on our app.
If you choose to sign-in via a third party service, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow Daikin UK to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible on the third party site).
Daikin UK also collects information about how you use TheAClub mobile app, and the device(s) you use to access the services as well as unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet.
3. How will Daikin UK use the information it collects about me?
Daikin UK will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- the provision of our services, activities or online content, or communicating information about them (e.g. relating to upcoming promotions or new product launches) or dealing with your requests and enquiries
- service administration, which means that Daikin UK may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. notifying you about the administration of a promotion that you have participated in, or notifying you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance or updating our Privacy and Cookies Policy)
- customising the content that you see on our app, and the advertising that you see on our apps
- working with third parties to show you relevant advertising on that third party site
- contacting you about any submission you have made
- using IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, blocking disruptive use, establishing the number of visits from different countries, tailoring the content of our sites, apps or other services based on browsing behaviours, and determining which country you are accessing the services from
- analysis and research so that we may improve the services offered by Daikin UK
- where Daikin UK proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first and/or request your approval as required by law.
Daikin UK collects and uses the personal information about you for the purposes described above, because we have a legitimate business interest to do so that is not overridden by your right to have your personal information adequately protected. You do not have to provide Daikin UK with any of the personal information described above, but if you chose not to do so, you may not be able to receive any of the services described above, access certain parts of our app, enter our promotions, or receive information from us that you have requested.
4. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Daikin UK will only send you marketing emails, notifications or contact you for marketing purposes provided you have agreed to this. You can withdraw your agreement at any time by clicking on or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in our marketing communication, in the setting of the app, or by using the contact details below.
5. Will Daikin UK share my personal information with anyone else?
Daikin UK may share your information with your chosen ‘home branch’ on your app as well as information as successful loyalty claims and purchases relating to their business.
Daikin UK may share your information from time to time transfer or disclose your personal information to third parties for any of the purposes listed above. Examples of relevant third parties to whom Daikin UK may disclose personal information include governmental agencies and third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting providers, payment providers, customer relationship management providers, marketing partners, media and fulfilment partners, and website analytics providers.
When we disclose your personal information to third parties who perform services on our behalf, we ensure that such service providers use personal information only in accordance with our instructions, and we do not authorise them to use or disclose personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal obligations.
Daikin UK may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
(i) where it is required to do so by law,
(ii) for the purposes of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending its legal rights,
(iii) who are law enforcement authorities or other government agencies who have issued a lawful disclosure request for the personal information,
(iv) where we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual criminal activity, or
(v) if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through a merger, reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
6. What if I am a user aged under 16?
If you are aged under 16, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Daikin UK.
7. How long will Daikin UK keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Generally, if you provide your personal information to enter into a promotion, we will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the administration of that promotion.
If you sign up for our email newsletters / marketing communications, we will keep your personal information until such time as you request that your information is deleted (if you elect to unsubscribe at any time then we will generally retain some of your personal information in order to ensure that you are not contacted again).
8. Can I see or delete the personal information Daikin UK holds about me?
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Daikin UK holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
You also have the right to request that the processing of your personal information is rectified or deleted, that processing of it is restricted, or that the personal information we hold about you is provided to you in a portable format.
9. Web browser cookies
For information on Daikin UK’s cookie notice and policy please see here - Cookie notice | Daikin
Contacting Daikin UK about this Privacy and Cookies Policy / Complaints
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please click here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your personal data, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection supervisory authority. You can find the details of your relevant supervisory authority here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm